Arequipa City Tour.
Día 1: Plaza de Armas – Yanahuara – Sanbandia
9:00 hrs. Pick Up from hotel.
As agreed, the hotel will be picked up as long as it is located in the center of the city, otherwise the meeting point will be in the Plaza de Armas to start our Arequipa Tour (City Tour en Arequipa).
Bus tour Arequipa.
To transport us we will get on a panoramic bus to start the tour, where we can appreciate the panoramic views and visit places such as the Plaza de Armas and the Barrio de San Lázaro.
Miradores de Yanahuara y Carmen Alto
Then we will go to the Yanahuara district where we can visit the Yanahuara Viewpoint (Mirador Yanahuara), here you can better appreciate the Misti Volcano, the highest volcano in Arequipa.
Then we will go to the Mirador de Carmen Alto where you can see archaeological terraces such as the three volcanoes of Arequipa: Misti, Chachani and Picchu Picchu.
Monasterio Santa Catalina (Santa Catalina Monastery)
We will continue until we reach the Monastery of Santa Catalina, we will visit its convent and its gardens.
Then we will pass through the cloisters of the Church of the Society of Jesus to finish our Arequipa tour.
13:00 hrs. End of our City Tour Arequipa
What does this tour includes?
Does not includes.
- Group shared service.
- Do not hesitate to write to our WhatsApp in case you want private or family service
- The tour is conducted in two languages: English and Spanish.
- The pick-ups from the hotel are made when they are in the city center.
- If your hotel or Airibnb is not in the historic center, we will coordinate a meeting point.
- Sturdy footwear, sneakers recommended
- Warm clothing, including a jacket, fleeces, gloves, a scarf and a hat.
- Thermal clothing is also recommended depending on the climate of Arequipa
- Hat or cap to protect yourself from the sun, rain and cold.
- Sunscreen and/or moisturizer for the face and body.
- Water and snacks: energy bars, chocolates, fruit, granola or cookies.
- Your own medical kit with any special medications you may need.
- Cash in national currency, preferably small bills and coins.
- Binoculars (if you wish).
Frequent Asked Questions
In general, from January to December, Arequipa has a very pleasant climate. Arequipa has an arid climate, the rains are more constant between December and March and it tends to be much warmer between September and October, reaching 20°C. But on average its climate tends to be 16 °C, in the coldest months it is from January to March.
The historical places that we will visit in our city tour of Arequipa will be:
- The Plaza de Armas of Arequipa
- San Lazaro neighborhood
- The Yanahuara and Carmen Alto viewpoints where you can see the three volcanoes: Misti,
- Chachani and Picchu Picchu
- The Santa Catalina Monastery
- The Church of the Society of Jesus
The difference between the Colca Canyon Tours and the trek is that most of the journey is done by bus and you only get off at the viewpoints. In addition, it’s more recommended for all those travelers who do not have physical conditions or who simply want to tour the Colca Canyon in one day.
The best season to travel is between April and November to avoid the rains and also because the weather tends to be more temperate, especially if you want to go to the beaches.
But August is the best month to travel, since the 15th is the anniversary of the city, making various events, parades, dances, fairs and other customs take place.
Due to the semi-arid and temperate climate that Arequipa has, it has two types of seasons: humid (December to March) and dry (April to November), it’s recommended to travel in the dry season, where should you take:
- Light clothing
- Comfortable shoes like sneakers
- Sun block
- Personal documents always
For the wet season, it is recommended:
- Warm clothes
- rain poncho
- Rain hat or cap
- Comfortable shoes like sneakers
There is a wide range of tours and packages that you can do in the white city of Arequipa: