Rainbow Mountain Tour: Easy Route
The easy route 7 color mountain tour is an easy access tour to the Vinicunca mountain, also called “La Montaña de Colores”, “El Cerro Colorado” and sometimes “La Montaña De Los Siete Colores”.
Actually, it has been baptized with different names by our travelers who have told about the experience, emotion and above all the visual spectacle of the valleys, streams, highlands, and snow-capped mountains that complement the grandeur of the mountain of seven colors, not leaving aside the variety of fauna such as llamas, alpacas, sheep, birds and also the people whose happiness makes you feel part of their culture no matter how strange the visitors are.
For this and many other reasons, our Seven Colors Mountain Easy Route Tour was included by “National Geographic” as one of the 5 best places to visit in Peru.
Day 1: Bus Cusco – Cusipata – Pitumarca – Mountain of Seven Colors
The Seven Colors Mountain Tour, an easy route, will begin with the pick up of our clients after coordination.
We will go to the town of Cusipata, where we will enjoy breakfast (buffet type).
We will continue the trip to the starting point for our Quesyuno (Pitumarca) hike.
We will walk up the mountain for 30 MINUTES until we reach the slopes of the Red Valley, the access point to this mystical place.
Once we are at the top of the mountain Vinicunca, we will enjoy free time and especially appreciate the unique landscape of the snowy Apu Ausangate, where we will recharge ourselves with mystical and natural energies, without forgetting to immortalize them in photographs and videos.
We will descend in the same way to the beginning of the trail, here our transportation will pick us up and take us to the town of Cusipata, where we will have a delicious lunch (buffet type).
We will return to Cusco at 4:00 p.m. and we will finish our Seven Colors Mountain Tour, easy route.
End of our services
Does not include:
Before you book
- To reserve this excursion a minimum of 30 days in advance is required.
- A minimum of 01 participants is required.
- The excursion is conducted in two languages: English and Spanish.
- Level of demand: A high level of physical fitness and a good state of health is required.
- A light backpack with a change of clothes for the entire period of the trek – be prepared for a wide range of temperature changes.
- Rain gear (jacket and pants if available) or a rain poncho. Plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco for about $1.
- Sturdy footwear, waterproof trekking boots are recommended. Extra socks are a must.
- Warm clothing, including jacket, fleece, gloves, scarf, and hat. Thermal clothing is also recommended.
- Camera, film, and batteries (batteries are consumed more quickly under cold conditions).
- Hat or cap to protect from sun, rain, and cold.
- After-sun cream or moisturizer for face and body.
- Toilet paper, inside and outside the luggage.
- Snacks: cookies, energy bars, chocolates, fruit, granola, etc.
- Non-disposable water bottle (Nalgene type) and water for the first morning.
- We suggest you bring water sterilization tablets in case you collect water from the streams.
- Your medical kit with any special medications you may need, SOROCHI PHILS, blister protection, etc.
- Cash – enough for snacks and souvenirs.
- Binoculars (if you have them).
TO MAKE THE TOUR RESERVATION, WE NEED YOU TO SEND US THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Once the payment is done, you must send us to our email firstname.lastname@example.org the copy of your passports or foreigner card, so we can send you the confirmation and the invoice.
- You must indicate the date of travel and the number of people to our email email@example.com since our website does not give you the option to choose the date of travel.
- You must contact us one day before your 7 Colors Mountain Tour to re-confirm your participation.
If you do not have much time and want to do the 7 color mountain tour, we recommend you to make your reservation in advance, since we have 2 seasons (High Season and Low Season), the same that differ between the number of tourists that we operate, which is why the reservations are subject to availability.
Our most in-demand holidays
- Holy Week: From April 07th to 11th.
- Inti Raymi: From June 20 to 25.
- Independence Day: From July 28th to July 31st.
- All Saints Day: From November 01st to 04th
- Christmas and New Year: From December 23, 2018, to January 01.