Rainbow Mountain (Day trip)
The Rainbow Mountain or Seven Colors Mountain, also called Vinicunca, is one of the most visited natural attractions in Peru and has been rated by National Geographic magazine as one of the 100 places to visit before you die.
Years ago, the mountain of 7 colors is located 100 km. southeast of the city of Cusco, on a summit located at 5,100 meters above sea level. In addition, the mountain is located at the foot of the Ausangate snow-capped peak, which is the largest in Cusco and considered the protector of the region. This mountain was once surrounded by ice, so its discovery is a recent sensation. The slopes and summit present a diversity of shades that include red, purple, green, yellow, pink, and other variations of these colors. The beauty of the panorama can also be seen in the biodiversity of the area. During the tour, we will be able to see camelids such as llamas, alpacas, and vicuñas.
Enjoy a 1-day hike to the 7 Colors Mountain, we guarantee it will be an unforgettable experience!
What to expect from this experience?
Day 1: Bus Cusco – Cusipata – Chirihuani – Fulawasi – 7 Colors Mountain Tour
We will start our tour to the 7 Colors Mountain from the door of your hotel in Cusco (city center), starting our journey to one of the most awaited destinations: the 7 Colors Mountain (Vinicunca).
Our tourist mobility will take us to Cusipata, where we will have a delicious Andean breakfast.
Fulawasi is the next point on our route and there we start our hike.
The hike to the Apu Vinicunca will last approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes uphill until we reach the foothills of Valle Rojo, the access point to this beautiful mountain.
We will walk along a path that will gradually change the landscape to mountains of intense colors and small streams of icy water that feed and give life to this valley. We will arrive at an altitude of 5200 meters above sea level, the height of the majestic Vinicunca mountain.
At the top, we will have enough time to take beautiful pictures in the colorful landscapes and immortalize this unforgettable experience.
Our guide will give us information about the 7 Colors Mountain.
We return to Cusipata, where we will enjoy an Andean lunch. Then we return to the city of Cusco and we finish our services.
What does this tour include?
What is not included in this tour?
Pay directly through Paypal or credit/debit card. We have daily departures throughout 2022.
- You can reserve this tour up to 12 hours in advance.
- We offer group outings and private services.
- The tour is conducted in two languages: English and Spanish.
- Level of demand: A high level of physical fitness and a good state of health are required.
- Resistant footwear, we recommend waterproof boots for trekking.
- Warm clothing, including jacket, fleece, gloves, scarf and hat. Thermal clothing is also recommended.
- Hat or cap to protect from the sun, rain and cold.
- Sunscreen and/or moisturizer for face and body.
- Water and snacks: energy bars, chocolates, fruit, granola or cookies.
- Your own medical kit with any special medications you may need such as Sorochi Pills and blister protection.
- Cash in local currency, preferably low denomination bills and coins.
Frequently asked questions:
The best time to take the 7 Colores Mountain tour is from April to the end of October.
The entrance fee to the 7 Colors Mountain is 15 soles for Peruvians and 25 soles for foreigners.
It has a duration of 10 hours, of which about 04 hours of walking round trip.
We recommend you bring: Trekking shoes, comfortable and waterproof clothing, chullos, gloves, rain poncho, extra camera batteries or power banks, cash and energy cereals.