Start of Sillustani Burial Towers Tour
13:30 hrs. Pick Up from your hotel and start the Sillustani Tour
The pick-up will be made at the hotel as long as it is in the center of the city to depart from the city of Puno to the northwest where the Sillustani Tombs are located.
15:00 hrs. Arrival to Sillustani Peru
We will arrive to the Sillustani Archaeological Site at 15:00 hrs.
These tombs are 90 in total, they have different shapes and heights, the highest “La Chullpa del Lagarto” (Lizard Tomb) measures 12 meters and is one of the most popular for being the most outstanding of all, these chullpas in ancient times were used as tombs to keep the highest authorities of the Colla culture.
Along with their bodies, their belongings were also located, all this was done to maintain over time, respect for the same authorities and everything that they had achieved during their period of government, such as gold and silver objects, food, or utensils. ceramic. The Sillustani Tombs are located 30 km from Puno and 40 km from Juliaca.
On the shores of Lake Umayo, you can see the “waru waru”, which are agricultural systems that as such are platforms that have water channels around them to protect the various crops that the inhabitants of Colla had in ancient times.
Then we will return to Puno, where we will pass through the Atuncolla town, the inhabitants of this town, also called Colla, will let us know more about their customs and traditions.
17:30. Return to Puno
What does this tour include?
- Transport Puno – Sillustani – Puno
- Bilingual professional guide.
- Tickets to the archaeological complex
- Visit the houses of Atuncolla.
Does not include
- Food, except as mentioned.
- Extra expenses (tips or others).
- Family or private shared service.
- The tour is conducted in two languages: English and Spanish.
- The pick-ups from the hotel are made when they are in the city center.
- If your hotel or Airibnb is not in the historic center, we will coordinate a meeting point
- Comfortable footwear.
- Warm clothes, taking into account the climate of Puno, which is cold
- Hat or cap to protect yourself from the sun, rain, and cold.
- Sunscreen and/or moisturizer for the face and body.
- Water and snacks: energy bars, chocolates, fruit, granola or cookies.
- Cash in national currency, preferably small bills and coins.
- Binoculars (if you wish).
Frequent Asked Questions
The best places to visit in Puno are:
- Meet the isla de los Uros.
- Do experiential turism in Amantani and Taquile.
- Take photos
- Visit the Sillustani Tombs or Sillustani Towers
- Explore Chucuito.
- Do the Ruta del Sol
Puno is a region that is located at 3827 meters above sea level, therefore, its climate is cold and dry. In times of ice cream, the degrees can drop extremely.
It is necessary that you wear very warm clothes such as a jacket, sweater, gloves, and scarf, among others. Remember to protect yourself from the sun by wearing a hat or cap and sunscreen to take the tours in Puno
Among the main tourist attractions in Puno are:
- Titicaca lake
- Uros Island
- Taquile Island
- Amantani Island
- The Pucara Museum
- Main Square of Puno
- Sillustani Archaeological Complex
- The Chucuito Peninsula
- The Island of the Sun
Among other interesting tourist places that Puno and its surroundings have.
Puno is officially recognized as the folkloric capital of Peru since November 7, 1985, in honor of its more than 350 traditional dances that have