1 Day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
Are you a fan of adventure and trekking?
Now you have the opportunity to know and walk the historic Inca Trail full day accompanied by our specialist guides in trekking and you will also have constant virtual medical advice.
Machu Picchu Peru Tours, recommends you this excellent alternative to reaching Machu Picchu data through the Inca Trail full day, one of the best options to have contact with nature and travel one of the most visited ancestral roads in the world.
Remember that we have all the COVID-19 security protocols for adventure and traditional tourism.
Day 1: Cusco – KM 104 – Machu Picchu – Cusco
03:00 hrs: We will start with the pick up from the hotel. Our guide will pass with the mobility to your hotel to direct you to the citadel of Ollantaytambo where we will board the train to kilometer 104, where the guide will give you an individual Box Lunch in a biodegradable bag, also will give a brief explanation of the Inca Trail full day.
07:30 hrs: We will begin our hike to the archaeological site of Chachabamba, a religious enclosure of water worship and at the same time served as a place of shelter to Machu Picchu.
After visiting this archaeological park we will walk for 3 hours to the next archaeological site of Wiñayhuayna, a group of houses grouped in a single courtyard, in the manner of the current condominiums, which is believed to have been the enclosure of the Inca priests.
12:30 hrs: After walking for 3 hours and visiting the archaeological park, we will enjoy a delicious and refreshing lunch. After lunch, we will continue walking for 45 minutes until we reach the Inti Punku or Sun Gate, where you will appreciate in all its magnitude the citadel of Machu Picchu.
The last part of our full-day Inca Trail excursion will last 01 hours until we arrive at the Machu Picchu Archaeological Park.
14:00 hrs: Finally we will arrive at Machu Picchu and we will have a guided tour of the main points such as the Temple of the Condor, the main square, the urban sector, the circular tower, the sundial, the Inca cemetery, etc. We will take the bus back to Aguas Calientes, where you will have time to relax and then board the train back to the city of Ollantaytambo where our private transportation will be waiting for us to take us to Cusco.
Thus, our Full Day Inca Trail excursion culminates in the Plaza de San Francisco which is located 5 minutes from the main square.
Does not include:
Before you book
- To reserve this excursion, it is necessary to request it as far in advance as possible.
A minimum of 02 participants is required.
The excursion is conducted in two languages: English and Spanish.
Level of demand: A high level of physical fitness and a good state of health is required.
IMPORTANT, download and fill out the following form: Click Here
- A light backpack with a change of clothes for the entire period of the trek – be prepared for a wide range of temperature changes.
- Rain gear (jacket and pants if available) or a rain poncho.
- Sturdy footwear, waterproof trekking boots are recommended.
- Extra socks are a must.
- Warm clothing, including jacket, fleece, gloves, scarf, and hat. Thermal clothing is also recommended.
- Camera or video camera.
- Hat or cap to protect from sun, rain, and cold.
- After-sun cream or moisturizer for face and body.
- Toilet paper, inside and outside the luggage.
- Snacks: cookies, energy bars, chocolates, fruit, granola, etc.
- Non-disposable water bottle (Nalgene type) and water for the first morning.
- Your medical kit with any special medications you may need, SOROCHI PHILS, blister protection, etc.
- Cash – preferably in local currency and low denomination for snacks and souvenirs.
- Binoculars (if you have them).
Frequently Asked Questions
TO MAKE THE TOUR RESERVATION, WE NEED YOU TO SEND US THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Once the payment is done you must send us to our email firstname.lastname@example.org the copy of your passports or foreigner card, for us to send you the confirmation and the invoice.
- You must indicate the date of travel and the number of people to the email email@example.com since our website does not give you the option to choose the date of travel.
- You must contact us one day before your Inca Trail Full Day Tour to re-confirm your participation.
If you do not have much time and want to do the Inca Trail Full Day tour, we recommend you to make your reservation in advance, since we have 2 seasons (High Season and Low Season), the same that differ between the number of tourists that we operate, which is why the reservations are subject to availability.
Our most in-demand holidays
- Holy Week: From April 07th to 11th.
- Inti Raymi: From June 20 to 25.
- Independence Day: From July 28th to July 31st.
- All Saints Day: From November 01st to 04th
- Christmas and New Year: From December 23, 2018 to January 01.