Tour to Machu Picchu by Expedition Train - Via Poroy
Would you like to take a tour to Machu Picchu by Expedition train via Poroy with all the comforts on board?
The tour to Machu Picchu by Expedition train via Poroy. You will be able to enjoy this journey in just one day with the EXPEDITION train, which is equipped with comfortable seats and large windows that will provide you with an incredible view of the environment with the theme of the Andean culture and didactic – explanatory audio about the main places of the route to the historic sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
Day 1: Cusco – Poroy – Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Poroy – Cusco
- 05:00 hrs: Our transfer will pick you up from your different hotels at the time indicated by our agency, you will have a short trip of 30 minutes to the train station of Poroy.
Then we will start the tour, we will take the train to the town of Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu; the tour will last 3 hours and 50 minutes.
Once the train arrives at the Aguas Calientes station, we will be waiting for you at the exit of the train station, holding a sign with your names.
We will transfer to the bus station to the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, the estimated travel time is 35 minutes.
11:00 hrs: Checkpoint, before entering the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu will have a free time of approximately 15 to 20 minutes, to dispose of it in toilets and provide water.
Once inside the Archaeological Park, we will begin the guided tour with a duration of 2 hours and a half, visiting the main points such as the main square, urban sector, the circular tower, the sundial, the Inca cemetery, etc.
After our guided tour, we will have an hour of free time to enjoy Machu Picchu on our own.
14:00 hrs: After the expedition to the sanctuary of Machu Picchu, we will return to the control gate where you will have the option to get the Machu Picchu stamp in your passports.
Then, we will board the bus back to the town of Aguas Calientes.
In the town of Aguas Calientes, you will have free time for individual activities, lunch, and relaxation.
Machu Picchu Peru Tours recommends you not to miss the opportunity to visit the new CRONICAS DE PIEDRA circuit *free entrance*.
16:45 hrs: Return to the city of Cusco. After enjoying your free time, it is recommended to be at the train station 30 minutes before the agreed time.
Also, the train will depart from the town of Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu to Poroy Station, estimated travel time of 3 hours and 50 minutes.
Once you arrive at the Poroy train station, we will be waiting to transfer you to the city of Cusco and your hotel.
We will be arriving in the city of Cusco at approximately 22:30 hrs approximately.
- End of our services.
Does not include:
Before you book
- To reserve this excursion a minimum of 48 hours in advance is required.
- A minimum of 02 participants is required.
- The tour is conducted in two languages: English and Spanish.
- A light backpack.
- Light clothing.
- Resistant footwear, preferably for trekking.
- Warm clothes, or rain gear according to the season.
- Camera or camcorder.
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain, and cold.
- Toilet paper, inside and outside the luggage.
- Snacks: cookies, energy bars, chocolates, fruit, granola, etc.
- Your medical kit with any special medication.
- Cash – preferably insoles and low denomination, for snacks and souvenirs.Binoculars (if you have them).
Frequently Asked Questions
TO MAKE THE TOUR RESERVATION, WE NEED YOU TO SEND US THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Once the payment is done you must send us to our email firstname.lastname@example.org the copy of your passports or foreigner card, so we can send you the confirmation and the invoice.
- You must indicate the date of travel and the number of people to the email email@example.com since our website does not give you the option to choose the date of travel.
- You must contact us one day before your Machu Picchu Expedition Train Tour – Via Poroy to re-confirm your participation.
If you do not have much time and want to do the Machu Picchu Expedition – Via Poroy train tour, we recommend you to make your reservation at least 48 hours in advance, since we have 2 seasons (High Season and Low Season), the same that differ between the number of tourists that we operate, which is why reservations are subject to availability.
Our most in-demand holidays
- Holy Week: From April 07th to 11th.
- Inti Raymi: From June 20 to 25.
- Independence Day: From July 28th to July 31st.
- All Saints Day: From November 01st to 04th
- Christmas and New Year: From December 23, 2018 to January 01.