Short Inca Trail 02 days and 01 night
Do the Inca Trail in 02 days and 01 night. This trek is a short route of the Inca Trail and is focused on people who have little time, but still want to have the feeling of walking along this ancient road, meet the flora and fauna of the place, and have an extraordinary arrival at Machu Picchu.
04:00 hrs: We will pick you up from your hotel, then we will go with our tourist car to Ollantaytambo, where we will take the train to 104 km.
Once we arrive, we’ll visit the archaeological site of Chachabamba, located at an altitude of 2250 meters above sea level. Here we will observe a variety of agricultural products that are currently taken to the town of Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu). Then, we will begin our hike to Wiñay Wayna.
On the way, we will have a beautiful panoramic view of the Urubamba River (Vilcamayu) and the varieties of the famous family of ORCHIDS.
In the middle of the journey, we will arrive at the Inca citadel of Wiñay Wayna (which in english means: eternally young). We’ll stop for a guided tour in this interesting and important Inca site.
Then we will walk 20 minutes more until we reach the “Trekker’s Lodge”, where we will enjoy our lunch. After lunch, we’ll start walking again until we reach the archeological center of Inti Punku (which means: Sun Gate) a place that we’re going to visit before descending to Machu Picchu Picchu and the town of Aguas Calientes.
Here we are going to sspend the night in this beautiful town. As you will also have the afternoon free, you can visit the thermal baths.
04:30 hrs: On this day we will wake up very early to go to the City of the Incas: Machu Picchu, to be the first to board the bus that will take us to the archaeological complex. Along the way, we will appreciate the first view of Machu Picchu, between the mountains in his high chair on the Urubamba River.
Once we arrive at Machu Picchu, we will have a guided tour of approximately 2 hours by the most important areas of this place. We will learn about the importance of religions, and the history of the place, and we will be able to appreciate the beautiful architecture of the Incas.
14:30 hrs: We will meet in Aguas Calientes to take the train back to Ollantaytambo.
From Ollantaytambo, our transportation will be waiting for us to return to Cusco.
18:30 hrs approx: We will be arriving in Cusco, where our last stop will be at the Plaza San Francisco.
Does not include:
Before you book
- To reserve this excursion a minimum of 30 days in advance is required.
- A minimum of 01 participants is required.
- The excursion is conducted in two languages: English and Spanish.
- Level of demand: It requires a moderate physical level and a good state of health.
- Original passports or personal documents (with which the reservations were made / copies are not accepted).
- One light backpack or briefcase per person of 20 liters.
- Trekking shoes or tennis shoes.
- Clothing according to the season (rain poncho, windbreaker).
- Sportswear (01 pair of each).
- Hat or cap.
- Rain jacket or poncho.
- Sunscreen, repellent, wide-brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Medicine and/or personal items.
- Camera or video camera.
- Money in soles (PEN) and not in dollars since exchange rates are very low.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Due to the corona virus (COVID-19), we modified some of our policies.
- Protocol for the tourism sector approved.
- Given the current situation, changes and restrictions have been generated by the Ministry of Tourism (Mincetur).
- They will only be able to enter the archaeological parks according to the security protocols.
Some of our travalers reviews 🙂