Full Day Ica and Huacachina
On this tour we’ll visit El Catador Winery (Bodega El Catedor), a semi-artisanal winery where you will receive a brief explanation of the traditional process of making peruvian Pisco, after which you will be able to enter their house where you can taste Piscos, wines and artisanal products that they make there. At Tacama Winery (Bodega Tacama), you will be able to see its vineyards, the great hacienda and taste the best wines and Piscos.
Then comes the Huacachina Tour, where the magical Huacachina Oasis will await us at the end of the winery and vineyard tour. We’ll embark on a dune buggy adventure tour in Ica. On this tour, we will make stops at the high dunes to practice sandboarding. You will have time to take spectacular photos of the sunset in the Huacachina desert in Ica Peru.
Day 1. Full Day Ica Tour: Wineries and Vineyards, Dune Buggy and Sandboarding and Huacachina Lagoon
Pick up from the bus station or door of your hotel to start the Ica and Huacachina Tour.
10:00 a.m. Start of the Vineyard Tour in Ica.
- Hacienda Tacama: It’s the first vineyard in South America and it’ll be our second place to visit. Here you’ll be able to know and appreciate the hectares of vineyards from the viewpoint, also the production plant of the best wines of Peru. We highly recommend you to taste the dry wines and sparkling wines.
- El Catador Winery (Bodega El Catador): It’ ll show us the traditional process of making Pisco, a tradition that has been preserved for more than 150 years and takes place every year in March.
- Bodega Lazo: It’s also a strange museum. Travelers and locals often visit this strange winery for an authentic local experience.
14.00 hrs. Lunch in Ica on behalf of the passengers (optional).
16.30 hrs. Start of the Huacachina Tour, dune buggy in Ica, Sandboarding in Huacachina.
We will meet in the oasis of America: the Huacachina Lagoon, to ride on dune buggiess that are in a small dune.
During the tour we can go up and down huge sand dunes and on the high parts we can slide on sandboarding boards in Ica. This is the last part of our Full Day Ica and Huacachina tour
18.40 hrs. Transfer to your hotel or to the bus station in Ica.
End of our Full Day Ica and Huacachina tour
Does not includes:
- Daily departures.
- A minimum of 2 participants is required.
- Not valid for holidays or festive dates.
- On Mondays, the Tacama Winery is not open, so the Vista Alegre Winery (Bodega Vista Alegre) will be visited.
- Professional camera or a cell phone with good resolution to take excellent photos.
- Hat or cap to protect yourself from the sun.
- Sunscreen and/or moisturizer for the face and body.
- Cash in national currency, preferably small bills and coins.
FAQ: Frecuently Asked Questions
Due to the corona virus (COVID-19), we modified some of our policies.
Our protocol for the tourism sector is approved.
Due to the current situation, changes and restrictions have been generated by the Ministry of Tourism (Mincetur). They’ll only be able to enter the archaeological parks according to the security protocols
On December to March, temperatures in Ica are very hot so we recommend wearing light clothing, swimwear or sportswear
On the other hand, between April to November, the weather is humid, Ica has low temperatures and there are drizzles, so it is recommended to wear sweaters, jackets and raincoats.
Some of our travelers reviews