Sacred Valley of the Incas Tour
The Sacred Valley tour is a perfect excursion for couples, friends, or families arriving at the city of Cusco.
In this valley, the Incas built innumerable works such as aqueducts, irrigation canals, terraces, astronomical-scientific observation centers, and spiritual activity centers. To our good fortune, to this day these works remain mostly intact.
If you are looking to recharge your batteries, appreciate nature in its purest state and learn how our ancestors lived, we recommend taking this tour to the Sacred Valley in just one day.
Don’t think twice and book your super tour to the Sacred Valley of the Incas!
Day 1: Chinchero – Moray Maras – Ollantaytambo – Pisaq – Cusco.
06:30 am pick up from your hotel.
06:30 am We will start our excursion to the Super Sacred Valley of the Incas Tour. As the first point of the visit, we will go to:
The first place to visit will be Chinchero, thanks to studies carried out in the year sixty, it has been discovered that some walls belong to an Inca palace covered with earth by the Spanish, we will also find an exhibition center of textiles and South American camelids.
The next destination will be Moray, a mysterious Inca archaeological site composed of amphitheater-shaped terraces that served as an agricultural laboratory for the ancient Tahuantinsuyo.
Maras, where we will find the salt mines, impressive salt wells that have more than 5,000 wells and have been exploited since the Inca period. Once the guided tour is over, we will head to the city of Urubamba where we will enjoy a delicious buffet lunch (optional).
After this comfortable and exquisite lunch, we will continue with the Super Sacred Valley of the Incas Tour to the town of Ollantaytambo, uninterruptedly inhabited since Inca times, and climb the iconic fortress, built on the side of the mountain.
Pisac, where you will be able to explore its village, will also find a handicraft market run by local artisans. Then, we will head to the archaeological center of the same city, an agricultural masterpiece of the Inca Empire.
After the guided tour, we will board the bus that will take us back to the city of Cusco arriving at 19:00.
Thus we conclude our excursion of the Super Sacred Valley of the Incas Tour in the San Francisco square which is located a few blocks from the main square of Cusco.
Does not include:
Before you book
- Reservations for this tour require a minimum of 24 hours in advance.
- Shared service: if the minimum group size is not reached, the reservation is subject to change of date or cancellation.
- A minimum of 2 participants is required for the private tour.
- The tour is conducted in two languages: English and Spanish.
- A light backpack with a change of clothes for the entire period of the trek – be prepared for a wide range of temperature changes.
- Rain gear (jacket and pants if available) or a rain poncho. Plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco for approximately $1.
- Resistant footwear, waterproof trekking boots are recommended. Extra socks are a must.
- Warm clothing, including jacket, fleece, gloves, scarf, and hat. Thermal clothing is also recommended.
- Camera, film, and batteries (batteries are consumed more quickly under cold conditions).
- Hat or cap to protect from the sun, rain, and cold.
- After-sun cream or moisturizer for face and body.
- Toilet paper, inside and outside the luggage.
- Snacks: cookies, energy bars, chocolates, fruit, granola, etc.
- Non-disposable water bottle (Nalgene type) and water for the first morning.
- We suggest you bring water sterilization tablets in case you collect water from streams.
- Your medical kit with any special medications you may need, SOROCHI PHILS, blister protection, etc.
- Enough cash for snacks and souvenirs.
Frequently Asked Questions
TO MAKE THE TOUR RESERVATION, WE NEED YOU TO SEND US THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Once the payment is done, you must send us to our e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org the copy of your passports or foreigner card, so we can send you the confirmation and the invoice.
- You must indicate the date of travel and the number of people to the email email@example.com, since our website does not give you the option to choose the date of travel.
- You must contact us one day before your Super Sacred Valley of the Incas Tour to re-confirm your participation.
If you do not have much time and want to do the Super Sacred Valley of the Incas tour, we recommend you to make your reservation in advance, because we have 2 seasons (High Season and Low Season), the same that differ between the number of tourists that we operate, which is why the reservations are subject to availability.
Our most in-demand holidays
- Holy Week: From April 07th to 11th.
- Inti Raymi: From June 20 to 25.
- Independence Day: From July 28th to July 31st.
- All Saints Day: From November 01st to 04th
- Christmas and New Year: From December 23, 2018 to January 01.