Ballestas Islands Huacachina Full Day Tour
Within our Tours in Ica, we have the Ballestas Islands Huacachina Full Day Tour, which combines the best of Paracas and the City of Ica an excellent option to get to know Candelabra Island, the Ica Wineries in a single day and enjoy here an adventure tour in the dunes with buggy, sandboarding and tubular. This trip is from Lima
The Ballestas Islands are a group of islands located near the city of Pisco, in the department of Ica. They are rock formations where you can find important marine fauna such as guano birds. These are located half an hour from the coast of Paracas and one hour from the city of Ica.
The Huacachina Lagoon is a large oasis located five kilometers west of the city of Ica, in the middle of the desert, within the Huacachina there is a popular pond for its medicinal properties.
We will leave from the door of your hotel in Lima to start our Tour.
08:00 am. Start of the Tour to the Ballestas and Candelabro Islands.
We will begin our tour where we can appreciate the great variety of marine fauna and flora that exist on these islands.
11:00 hrs. Route of Pisco Tour
We go to the city of Ica, where we can make the famous Pisco Route or Ica Winery Tour. We will go to the following wineries:
- Tacama Vineyard (Viñas Tacama). It’s the first vineyard in South America and it’ll be our second place to visit. Here you’ll be able to know and appreciate the hectares of vineyards from the viewpoint, also the production plant of the best wines of Peru. We highly recommend you to taste the dry wines and sparkling wines.
El Catador Vineyard (Bodega El Catador). It’ ll show us the traditional process of making Pisco, a tradition that has been preserved for more than 150 years and takes place every year in March.
There will be free time for lunch at the traveler’s expense. The Tacama and El Catador wineries offer a wide variety of typical dishes from the region and from Peru that you can taste.
14:30 hrs. Huacachina Tour – Ica
We will go to the Oasis of America, the Huacachina Lagoon, here we will have time to photograph the beautiful landscapes, you can also use the “Carola Lodge” pool.
16:30 hrs. Dune buggy tour in Ica
We will take a dune buggy ride through the Ica desert. A unique adventure through the huge sand dunes and we can practice sandboarding. You can take advantage of the scenery to take beautiful pictures.
19:00 hrs. Transfer to your hotel in Lima.
End of our service.
Does not includes:
- You can book this tour up to 12 hours before.
- Minimum 02 participant is required.
- The tour is conducted in two languages: English and Spanish.
- Requirement level: A high physical level is not required
- Professional camera or a cell phone with good resolution to take excellent photos.
- Hat or cap to protect yourself from the sun.
- Sunscreen and/or moisturizer for the face and body.
- Cash in national currency, preferably small bills and coins.
The excursion to the Ballestas Islands is subject to weather conditions, in case there are no departures you can choose the White Islands, Paracas National Reserve or you will be reimbursed 10 USD.
Maybe we don’t have a lot of reviews, but they’re real 🙂