South Valley Tour Cusco: Tipon, Pikillacta and Huasao Wetlands
Ready to meet more of Cusco? Our South Valle Tour Cusco let you visit the South Valley of Cusco, which is crossed by the Urubamba River where there are a number of archaeological sites and towns with a great cultural variety. We will find the chicharron town, the bread town… an endless series of themes for all tastes and to enjoy a different experience.
Day 1: Bus Cusco – South Valley. (Tipon, Pikillaqta and Huasao Wetlands)
08:30 – 09:00: Our pick-up service begins.
After we are with all our travelers, we will start the tour in Tipon, a perfectly preserved archaeological site located 27 kilometers from the city of Cusco. Near the village of the same name, where stands an impressive rural colonial mansion (1650), there are 12 terraces still cultivated, some enclosures, and an irrigation system considered a masterpiece of hydraulic engineering still used by the surrounding population.
Next, we will arrive at Pikillaqta, considered one of the best-preserved pre-Inca cities in Peru that corresponds to the Wari culture, the ancestor of the Incas.
To finish our tour to the South Valley of Cusco, we will go to the Huasao Wetlands, a theme park, where, in addition to beautiful landscapes and lush nature, you can appreciate wooden sculptures.
After finishing the tour at this point, we will return to Cusco.
16:00 approx: We will arrive at the historic center of Cusco and thus culminate the Cusco tours.
End of our services
Does not include:
Before you book
- To reserve this excursion a minimum of 48 hours in advance is required.
- Shared service: if the minimum group size is not reached, the reservation is subject to change of date or cancellation.
- The tour is conducted in two languages: English and Spanish.
- Light clothing.
- Warm clothing.
- Sturdy footwear.
- Camera and/or video camera.
- Hat or cap to protect from the sun, rain, and cold.
- Sunblock lotion.
- Toilet paper, inside and outside the luggage.
- Snacks: cookies, energy bars, chocolates, fruit, granola, etc.
- Cash – preferably in local currency (soles) and low denomination for snacks and souvenirs.
Frequently Asked Questions
TO MAKE THE TOUR RESERVATION, WE NEED YOU TO SEND US THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Once the payment is done you must send us to our email email@example.com the copy of your passports or foreigner card, for us to send you the confirmation and the invoice.
- You must indicate the date of travel and the number of people to the email firstname.lastname@example.org, since our website does not give you the option to choose the date of travel.
- You must contact us one day before your tour to the South Valley Tour Cusco: Tipon, Pikillacta and Huasao Wetlands, to re-confirm your participation.
If you do not have much time and want to do the South Valley Excursion: Tipon, Pikillaqta and Huasao Wetlands, we recommend you to make your reservation 48 hours in advance to ensure availability.
Our most in-demand holidays
- Holy Week: From April 07th to 11th.
- Inti Raymi: From June 20 to 25.
- Independence Day: From July 28th to July 31st.
- All Saints Day: From November 01st to 04th
- Christmas and New Year: From December 23, 2018 to January 01.
Valle Sur Tour Privado
Some of our travelers reviews 🙂