Day 1: Arequipa Colca Canyon Tour
3:30 hrs. Pick up at the hotel or meeting point.
Pick up at the hotel as long as it is in the center of the city, or in our Meeting Point: Plaza de Armas de Arequipa. To start our Colca Canyon Tour.
08:30 hrs. Chivay Town + Condor Cross (Cruz del Cóndor) + Thermal Baths (Baños Termales)
We will go to the town of Chivay after a 4-hour bus ride, Chivay is located at 3000 m.a.s.l. to take breakfast and go to the Mirador Cruz del Cóndor (Condor Cross), located 50 minutes from the town, where if you’re lucky, you can watch the flight of the condors.
In addition, we’ll make stops at more viewpoints such as Wayrapunko and Antahuilque to observe more of nature and other Inca and pre-Inca terraces.
Chacapi Thermal Baths
Continuing with our journey we will make a stop at the thermal baths of Chacapi, where if you wish you can take a shower in its waters (optional) for an hour.
12:00 hrs. Lunch.
We will return to the town of Chivay for lunch.
13:00 hrs. Mirador de los Volcanes (Volcano Viewpoint)
Before returning to Arequipa we will pass through the Mirador de los Volcanes (Volcano Viewpoint), located at 4800 m.a.s.l. where you can see the volcanoes that the city has: Ampato, Sabancaya and Hualca Hualca
18:00 hrs. Return to Arequipa.
We will arrive in Arequipa and with that our tour Colca Canyon Tour 1 day will be finished
What does this tour includes?
Does not include
- Group shared service.
- Do not hesitate to write to our WhatsApp in case you want private or family service
- The tour is conducted in two languages: English and Spanish.
- The pick-ups from the hotel are made when they are in the city center.
- If your hotel or Airibnb is not in the historic center, we will coordinate a meeting point.
- Sturdy footwear, sneakers recommended
- Warm clothing, including a jacket, fleeces, gloves, a scarf and a hat.
- Thermal clothing is also recommended depending on the climate of Arequipa
- Hat or cap to protect yourself from the sun, rain and cold.
- Sunscreen and/or moisturizer for the face and body.
- Water and snacks: energy bars, chocolates, fruit, granola or cookies.
- Your own medical kit with any special medications you may need.
- Cash in national currency, preferably small bills and coins.
- Binoculars (if you wish)
Frequent Asked Questions
In general, from January to December, Arequipa has a very pleasant climate. Arequipa has an arid climate, the rains are more constant between December and March and it tends to be much warmer between September and October, reaching 20°C. But on average its climate tends to be 16 °C, in the coldest months it is from January to March.
The difference between the Colca Canyon Tours and the trek is that most of the journey is done by bus and you only get off at the viewpoints. In addition, it’s more recommended for all those travelers who do not have physical conditions or who simply want to tour the Colca Canyon in one day.
The best season to travel between April and November to avoid the rains and also because the weather tends to be more temperate, especially if you want to go to the beaches.
But August is the best month to travel, since the 15th is the anniversary of the city, making various events, parades, dances, fairs and other customs take place.
Due to the semi-arid and temperate climate that Arequipa has, it has two types of seasons: humid (December to March) and dry (April to November), it’s recommended to travel in the dry season, where should you take:
- Light clothing
- Comfortable shoes like sneakers
- Sun block
- Personal documents always
For the wet season, it is recommended:
- Warm clothes
- rain poncho
- Rain hat or cap
- Comfortable shoes like sneakers